The Quality Assurance Policy of the Department of Accounting and Finance, congruent with the Quality Assurance policy of the University of Western Macedonia (UoWM), focuses on continuously enhancing quality of the University study programmes, research and administrative services.
The policy is publicised and communicated with a view to engaging the academic / administrative staff and students (undergraduate and postgraduate students) in quality assurance processes.
The Department is committed to implementing a quality assurance policy, which is compatible with its academic profile and study programme perspective, endorses quality objectives and scope, and sets out, applies and monitors quality standards. In addition, it specifies means, actions and methods of achievement, and implements appropriate internal and external quality procedures.
The implementation of the quality assurance policy of the Department of Accounting & Finance involves a series of quality assurance procedures, which ensure that:
- course design and structure meet quality requirements
- high quality education is efficiently delivered
- educational processes are constantly enhanced and upgraded
- learning outcomes and student qualifications are congruent with the European and National Higher Education Qualifications Framework,
- teaching staff acquire suitable qualifications,
- teaching and research are interactive and interrelated,
- scientific, research and educational projects promote collaboration, and research findings and innovation are properly exploited,
- quality and quantity of the academic staff research is promoted,
- the work produced is promoted to the general public, the state, and international academia
- graduates’ employability is enhanced,
- quality of administrative and IT services delivery to students is high
- annual undergraduate study internal evaluation is carried out in the framework of the Internal Quality Assurance System (IQAS) and in collaboration with the Internal Evaluation Group (IEG) of the Department and the University Quality Assurance Unit (QAU), personal data protection is maintained