The Student Ombudsman is a service subject to Law 4009/2011, aiming at a) due process in the context of academic freedom, b) mediation between students and the University academic staff or administrative services c) fight against incompetent management and d) the proper functioning of the University. The Student Ombudsman has no responsibility for student examinations and grading.
The Senate of the University of Western Macedonia with the decision ΣΤ2 / Σ110 / 08-04-2020 appointed as Student Ombudsman Mr. Konstantinos Parisis, Professor of the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering, School of Engineering (Telephone number: 24610 68292 & 2461056292, email email@example.com).
The Student Ombudsman:
- investigates cases, ex officio or following a student report, and mediates dispute settlements to the competent University Bodies
- is eligible to apply to UoWM services for any information, document or other evidence about legal cases, conducts investigations, carries out autopsies and expert examinations
- draws up reports, in case of illegal actions, incompetent management or disruption of the proper functioning of the University, which are notified to the competent Professor or administrative service and the student who submitted a report, and mediates problems by any appropriate means
- is eligible to file ambiguous, unsubstantiated, or unproven reports, whereas in case of disciplinary misconduct, the case is forwarded to a competent disciplinary legal authority.
Conclusions and annual activity reports, subject to the provisions of Law 2472/1997 (A ’50), as applicable, are posted on the University website.
Students can submit their queries using the special application form, which is attached below:
- via email at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- in person or by mail to:
UNIVERSITY OF WESTERN MACEDONIA
Students Ombudsman’s Office
50100 Kila, Kozani