Students coming from the European Union are entitled to medical services so long as they have a valid European Health Insurance Card (EHIC) covering the entire study period. This card is issued by the National Health Insurance Provider of the students’ home country. Students should apply for the EHIC prior to their departure from their country so as to have it with them upon entering Greece. Please refer to the EHIC website for information on how to get the card in your country.

Students coming from countries outside the EU (e.g. Turkey) must make arrangements for private health insurance prior to their journey, which must cover medical treatment and hospitalization for the entire study period. The health insurance contract must be in English; if the insurance company does not issue the contract in English, the students must have it officially translated into English or Greek.